New Jersey News
Brush fires cause traffic problems
NEW JERSEY -- Smoke from several small brush fires burning along the New Jersey Turnpike near Newark Liberty International Airport caused some traffic slowdowns during the Monday evening commute.
Officials say five small brush fires in Elizabeth, near the turnpike's outer roadway, forced officials to close the northbound right lane just north of Interchange 13A to just south of Interchange 14 in Newark. The fires were reported around 4 p.m., and were all extinguished within about 90 minutes.
Turnpike Authority spokesman Tom Feeney says delays in both directions had eased by 6 p.m.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, brush fire, new jersey news
- 4 people shot in Brooklyn 30 min ago
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Sunday snow storm
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder 17 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Surveillance from East Harlem buildings near explosion 28 min ago
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Sketches released of suspects wanted in lurings 22 min ago
- Bus driver suffers medical emergency, 2 injured 57 min ago
- ESPN: Phil Jackson signs with Knicks
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey
- 4 people shot in Brooklyn
30 min ago
- Surveillance from East Harlem buildings...
28 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
17 min ago
- Sketches released of suspects wanted in...
22 min ago