New Jersey News
2 dead in hit and run in Clifton, New Jersey
CLIFTON, N.J. (WABC) -- Police in New Jersey are looking for a hit and run driver who killed two people early Saturday morning on Route 46 in Clifton.
It happened at an intersection around 4 a.m.
Police say the two victims were walking across the highway when they were struck and killed by someone driving a silver car.
There is a traffic light at the crash site but it's not clear if the victims were trying to cross while the light was still green.
One victim is a 29-year-old woman from Passaic, the other is a 36-year-old man from Brooklyn.
Putting up a memorial by a utility pole on Route 46 is all the family of Jasleidy Bemjumea can do right now.
"We just want who did this because of this he's alone now. We want to know everything," Bemjumea's family said.
They're talking about 11-year-old Santiago, Bemjumea's son who now grows up without his mother.
Clifton Police and the Passaic County Prosecutor's Office are investigating.
If you have any information, they ask that you contact them.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, clifton, hit and run accident, new jersey news
- Metro North train collision to affect service all week
- AccuWeather: Humid week ahead, with showers
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Suspect in critical condition after NJ police shooting
- Hofstra remembers Andrea Rebello as probe continues
- Person of interest ID'd in deadly Queens bus shooting
- Rally planned after West Village hate crime murder
- 1 dead, 1 rescued when car ends up in Huntington Harbor
- Winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Florida city anxious to learn Powerball jackpot winner
- blog: Desiree Hartsock on being 'The Bachelorette' 26 min ago
- Photos: Photos from the Billboard Awards
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma