New Jersey News
2 dead in hit and run in Clifton, New Jersey
CLIFTON, N.J. (WABC) -- Police in New Jersey are looking for a hit and run driver who killed two people early Saturday morning on Route 46 in Clifton.
It happened at an intersection around 4 a.m.
Police say the two victims were walking across the highway when they were struck and killed by someone driving a silver car.
There is a traffic light at the crash site but it's not clear if the victims were trying to cross while the light was still green.
One victim is a 29-year-old woman from Passaic, the other is a 36-year-old man from Brooklyn.
Putting up a memorial by a utility pole on Route 46 is all the family of Jasleidy Bemjumea can do right now.
"We just want who did this because of this he's alone now. We want to know everything," Bemjumea's family said.
They're talking about 11-year-old Santiago, Bemjumea's son who now grows up without his mother.
Clifton Police and the Passaic County Prosecutor's Office are investigating.
If you have any information, they ask that you contact them.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, clifton, hit and run accident, new jersey news
- 3 critical after fire tears through Brooklyn home 25 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt 20 min ago
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Mink coat thieves caught on camera at NYC boutique 9 min ago
- Target data breach leaves customers angry, frustrated 14 min ago
- New York Army cadet accused of emailing child porn 22 min ago
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- Over 75 injured in London theatre roof collapse
- 4 injured, including child in Bronx fire
- String of carjackings in Elizabeth
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident