New Jersey News
2 dead in hit and run in Clifton, New Jersey
CLIFTON, N.J. (WABC) -- Police in New Jersey are looking for a hit and run driver who killed two people early Saturday morning on Route 46 in Clifton.
It happened at an intersection around 4 a.m.
Police say the two victims were walking across the highway when they were struck and killed by someone driving a silver car.
There is a traffic light at the crash site but it's not clear if the victims were trying to cross while the light was still green.
One victim is a 29-year-old woman from Passaic, the other is a 36-year-old man from Brooklyn.
Putting up a memorial by a utility pole on Route 46 is all the family of Jasleidy Bemjumea can do right now.
"We just want who did this because of this he's alone now. We want to know everything," Bemjumea's family said.
They're talking about 11-year-old Santiago, Bemjumea's son who now grows up without his mother.
Clifton Police and the Passaic County Prosecutor's Office are investigating.
If you have any information, they ask that you contact them.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, clifton, hit and run accident, new jersey news
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- N.J. woman charged with trying to kill her 3 children
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos