New Jersey News
Girl shot in head by arrow tries to help hospital
FANWOOD, N.J. (WABC) -- A young girl is beating the medical odds and is making a remarkable recovery.
She was shot in the head with an arrow.
Just 2 years ago, the spunky, talkative 9-year-old, was speechless and motionless in the hospital, after she'd accidentally walked into the path of an arrow, shot from a hunting bow at a friend's home.
"The arrow hit her between the eyes and bridge of the nose. It pierced her between the eyes, doctors said probably very bad, may not survive," said Luciana McGuire, Ariana's mother.
Ariana's injuries also caused a stroke, which has limited her movement on the right side.
But don't get sad, this story gets happier at every turn.
Ariana has been on the mend, relearning the skills she'd lost, thanks to months of rehabilitation at Children's Specialized Hospital in New Jersey.
Her progress is so impressive that Ariana has been named "New Jersey Champion".
She represents the Children's Miracle Network, which supports the hospital that's giving her, her life back.
Ariana, her mom, dad, Mitchell, and twin sister Briana have entered a contest online that could win $30,000 for Children's Specialized Hospital.
They need as many people as possible to vote for their video.
She's still living on that prayer, hoping she stole your heart enough to make you take some time next week to vote, so they can win.
"If you vote for us, we love you so much!" Ariana McGuire said.
You can watch the family's video here: http://danceoff.primroseschools.com/videos/were-livin-prayer
Voting will take place between Monday, March 26 and Friday, March 30.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, hospital, charity, new jersey news, toni yates
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Video released in murder of Brooklyn bodega clerk 21 min ago
- Demolition to begin at Edison school gutted by fire 11 min ago
- Suspect arrested in Kansas City highway shootings
- Woman charged Thursday with neglect after living in a van with...
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Police identify suspect in Bronx subway exposure 35 min ago
- Astronomers spot most Earth-like planet yet 57 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos