New Jersey News
Christie calls on Springsteen to play Atlantic City
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. -- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is calling on native son Bruce Springsteen to step up and help Atlantic City by performing at the new Revel casino on Labor Day weekend.
The governor made the plea Tuesday during a tour of the new casino, which opens Monday. The facility wouldn't have been finished without state tax incentives.
The governor views Revel as the centerpiece of an effort to revive the fortunes of Atlantic City, where the casino business has been on a long downward spiral.
Christie says Springsteen already lost out to Beyonce for the chance to headline at Revel's grand opening Memorial Day weekend. He says Springsteen could still show his support for New Jersey by performing there during Labor Day weekend.
A publicist for Springsteen, whose catalog includes a song titled "Atlantic City," declined comment.
The resort says it would love to have Springsteen, if he's up for it.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, bruce springsteen, chris christie, atlantic city, new jersey news
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Video: Two US astronauts set to spacewalk to fix ISS
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos