New Jersey News
Man shot in head in Journal Square
JERSEY CITY (WABC) -- A man was fatally shot in Journal Square in Jersey City Thursday night.
The shooting happened at 9:40 p.m. The victim was shot near Hudson County Community College in the walkway between Sip Avenue and the PATH station.
Police say the victim died from a single gunshot wound to the head.
The motive is not known. Dozens of police officers responded to the scene in Journal Square. The Hudson County Prosecutor's Office will take the lead on the investigation.
There were no immediate arrests.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, jersey city, shooting, new jersey news
- De Blasio, Bratton join Sharpton at Mandela tribute 11 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
- Man found fatally stabbed in Williamsburg
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- Funeral held for NYPD traffic agent hit by truck 36 min ago
- Bethpage boaters missing in waters off Cape May
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Wintry blast moves through much of country, heads East
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary