New Jersey News
15-year-old's death investigated in Morris Township
MORRIS TOWNSHIP, N.J. (WABC) -- The death of a teenager in New Jersey is under investigation.
Police say 15-year-old Lennon Baldwin committed suicide in his home in Morris Township on Wednesday.
The prosecutor's office says there is an aggressive investigation underway to explore all circumstances in his death, including the possibility of bullying.
Several agencies are investigating.
The school released a letter to students and their families:
The Morristown High School community was saddened to learn of the sudden death of one of our students, Lennon Baldwin. The death of any young person is a loss which, in one way or another, diminishes each of us. We have asked the assistance of the crisis team to help our school community deal with this loss. We are doing everything we can to help your child and our staff through this tragic experience. Please be aware that your child may have more questions and may want to talk about the incident at home. If you have any concerns regarding your child's response to this loss, please call the Guidance Office at 973-292-2000 ext. 2130 during normal school hours. The school nurse, a school counselor, or one of the crisis team members will be available to assist you. Outside of school hours you may call the Youth Helpline at 888-222-2228 or the Atlantic Behavioral Health Crisis Hotline at 973-540-0100 for support.
We have been informed that a prayer service for Lennon will be held at Assumption Church, 91 Maple Avenue in Morristown on Friday, March 30th at 4 PM.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, suicide, new jersey news
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual 44 min ago
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 3 lanes blocked on GWB due to maintenance 1 min ago
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Bipolar teen missing from Suffolk County 18 min ago
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen