New Jersey News
Could body found in Keansburg be missing girl?
KEANSBURG, N.J. (WABC) -- Police in Monmouth County, New Jersey, are investigating a body found inside a home.
"We were pretty good friends, that's Kim," said Nicole Souza, the victim's friend.
Nicole Souza remembers Kim Adler as a good person.
"She was a good girl, had a head on her shoulders," Souza said.
She showed Eyewitness News her middle school yearbook, and a photograph of the smiling teen as a 7th grader.
It is one of the few images available of her before she disappeared.
In Keansburg, those who live near 45A Campview Place wonder if a small cottage on the property holds the key to the Kim Adler mystery.
On Tuesday, a cleaning crew working in the house discovered human skeletal remains buried under the home.
The find launched an investigation that includes the Monmouth County Prosecutor's Office, police and the medical examiner.
Their goal is to determine how long the remains have been there, the cause of death, and most importantly the identity.
Why do residents believe it may be Kim? It's because she used to live there and her father owned the home.
Among those who've been watching investigators tear apart the house for evidence is Joe Maier.
He had been renting the home until about five months ago.
"There were always gnats and everything, always a bad stench. (Never knew why?) We thought it was the plumbing because it was the bathroom," Maier said.
That stench may have been a decomposing body and until police have conclusive evidence that it's not Kim Adler, residents suspect it will be her.
"It's kind of weird to hear she could be buried under the house she grew up in," a resident said.
"If it is her I would like to know why they did that to her. She was friendly and didn't deserve that," Souza said.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, monmouth county, body found, new jersey news, jeff pegues
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead 10 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Jersey City water main break repaired
- Twin babies tossed from fire in Bronx apartment 17 min ago
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky 35 min ago
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward 58 min ago
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Bloomberg delivers last major speech at Mayor
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest 5 min ago
- Blind man and dog rescued off subway tracks
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
35 min ago
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions...
58 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
10 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos