New Jersey News
Marine from New Jersey laid to rest
HO-HO-KUS, N.J. -- Hundreds of people gathered at a northern New Jersey church for the funeral of a Marine from Bergen County who was killed in combat operations in Afghanistan.
Wednesday's service for Staff Sgt. Joseph D'Augustine of Waldwick was held at St. Luke's Church in Ho-Ho-Kus.
The 29-year-old died March 27 in the Helmand province, nearly two weeks before he was due to come home for his sister's wedding. D'Augustine graduated from Waldwick High School in 2001, where he wrestled and played football.
D'Augustine was assigned to an explosive ordnance disposal unit.
The funeral came one day after hundreds of residents in lined the streets of his home town as police escorted the hearse carrying his body.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, soldier killed, new jersey news
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Malaysia Airlines says plane went missing 26 min ago
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD 18 min ago
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85 52 min ago
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos