New Jersey News
Missing Keansburg girl's father arrested
KEANSBURG, N.J. (WABC) -- The former owner of a house where human skeletal remains were found stuffed in a crawl space has been arrested, but not on murder charges.
Police say 54-year-old Dennis Adler is being held on $100,000 bail for disturbing and desecrating human remains.
"You have been served with a complaint, you understand that complaint?" the judge asked.
"Yes I do," Dennis Adler said.
But, those who live near Dennis Adler's old home, in Keansburg, can't even begin to understand if the accusations against him are true; why he would bury his own daughter in a crawl space several years ago, underneath a glorified shed.
"Maybe he just couldn't part with her, and thought, if he kept her," said Kim Pearson, former resident.
Kim Pearson used to live in the house in the year right after 23-year-old Kimberly Adler disappeared four years ago.
Prosecutors say, she was never even reported missing.
Then two days ago, a cleaning company at the house on Campview Place found a skeleton and called the cops.
"Kind of creepy, to know that I was in the house with a dead person," Pearson said.
What's worse, Pearson told Eyewitness News when she lived in the house, it always had a stench and she never knew why.
"Rotten sewer, like a rotten egg smell, constant, could never get rid of it," Pearson said, "Then there were flies, then little gnats, then tons of ants. My dog Daisy lived there as well and there were like bones, that she used to walk around with."
Their worst fears were realized when Adler's remains were brought out of there on Tuesday.
What's unclear is what happened to Kimberly Adler and whether or not her own father also caused her death.
"How did she pass away? Why would they put her underneath the house? Why wouldn't they call for help?" asked Nicole Souza, Kimberly Adler's friend.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, monmouth county, body found, new jersey news, stacey sager
- Teacher charged with rape of student in the Bronx 30 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Comfortable
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Man shot multiple times in Nassau County
- At least 6 hurt when car jumps curb in East Village 52 min ago
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- Woman allegedly kicks police dog in teeth
- American Medical Association calling obesity a disease 4 min ago
- Men's Warehouse fires founder/spokesman George Zimmer
- Paula Deen says she used slur but doesn't tolerate hate 8 min ago
- Natura recalls all brands of dry pet food
- Slim Whitman, country singer, dies
- Photos: Most endangered historic places
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos