New Jersey News
Picture released of SUV believed to have killed woman
NEW BRUNSWICK, N.J. (WABC) -- There's a vital new clue in a deadly hit and run in New Jersey.
Police in New Brunswick released a surveillance image of an SUV believed to be vehicle that hit the victim last week.
52-year-old Silvia Reyes-Ramos was crossing Somerset Street when a driver in a 2012 or 2011 dark colored Ford Edge SUV struck her and took off.
Reyes-Ramos was taken to Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick, where she was pronounced dead at 12:32 a.m. on March 31, 2012.
An autopsy performed by the Middlesex County Medical Examiner's Office determined Ms. Reyes-Ramos died from multiple blunt force injuries.
Officer Mark Smith of the New Brunswick Police Department and Investigator Scott Crocco of the Middlesex County Prosecutor's Office determined that the driver of the SUV was on Somerset Street, heading north toward the city's downtown area at a high rate of speed when the victim was struck.
Ms. Reyes-Ramos, the mother of four children, was on her way to church when she was hit by the SUV. The children were not with her when she was struck.
The investigation is active and continuing.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Officer Smith of the New Brunswick Police Department at (732) 745-5005, or Investigator Crocco of the Middlesex County Prosecutor's Office at (732) 745-4471.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, new brunswick, hit and run accident, new jersey news
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports
- UWS street to be renamed after 4-year-old Ariel Russo
- Success Academy parents to sue in charter school fight 37 min ago
- Obama to meet with Ukraine prime minister Wednesday 21 min ago
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos