New Jersey News
Newark Airport terminal evacuated after breach
NEWARK -- Security officials at Newark Liberty International Airport are reviewing an incident in which a traveler breached a checkpoint and caused the evacuation of one of the airport's terminals.
The breach occurred Thursday afternoon. The Transportation Security Administration tells The Record of Woodland Park that a 64-year-old British man walked past a distracted TSA agent at an exit area in Terminal B.
The terminal was evacuated for about an hour.
The TSA says the agent has been removed from screening duties pending a review of the incident.
Two years ago, a Rutgers graduate student slipped past a Newark security checkpoint to see his girlfriend off, causing a shutdown of a terminal for several hours and delaying flights around the globe.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, newark airport security breach, new jersey news
- Police shoot and kill suspect in Ridgefield, Conn. 24 min ago
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
- Eyewitness News Live
- NJ Transit buses delayed 30 minutes
- Teen heading to prom dies in car accident
- Amanda Bynes released after court appearance
- 3 hurt when I-5 bridge collapses into Wash. river
- Bridge collapse calls into question other bridges' safety
- Tree trouble in Dumont
- Eats: Camarones Mi Pueblo at Zapata in Palisades
- abcnews: Cleveland Women Can Keep Captor's Dogs
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
- Parts of Saw Mill Parkway remain closed due...
15 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos