New Jersey News
Newark Airport terminal evacuated after breach
NEWARK -- Security officials at Newark Liberty International Airport are reviewing an incident in which a traveler breached a checkpoint and caused the evacuation of one of the airport's terminals.
The breach occurred Thursday afternoon. The Transportation Security Administration tells The Record of Woodland Park that a 64-year-old British man walked past a distracted TSA agent at an exit area in Terminal B.
The terminal was evacuated for about an hour.
The TSA says the agent has been removed from screening duties pending a review of the incident.
Two years ago, a Rutgers graduate student slipped past a Newark security checkpoint to see his girlfriend off, causing a shutdown of a terminal for several hours and delaying flights around the globe.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, newark airport security breach, new jersey news
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Malaysian plane mystery continues 54 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time 3 min ago
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- 5 injured when car crashes into Bronx store 6 min ago
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins 7 min ago
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports 42 min ago
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
7 min ago