New Jersey News
Newark Airport terminal evacuated after breach
NEWARK -- Security officials at Newark Liberty International Airport are reviewing an incident in which a traveler breached a checkpoint and caused the evacuation of one of the airport's terminals.
The breach occurred Thursday afternoon. The Transportation Security Administration tells The Record of Woodland Park that a 64-year-old British man walked past a distracted TSA agent at an exit area in Terminal B.
The terminal was evacuated for about an hour.
The TSA says the agent has been removed from screening duties pending a review of the incident.
Two years ago, a Rutgers graduate student slipped past a Newark security checkpoint to see his girlfriend off, causing a shutdown of a terminal for several hours and delaying flights around the globe.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, newark airport security breach, new jersey news
- Employees tied up, Car parts stolen in Elizabeth 20 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Suspect identified in attempted baby abduction 47 min ago
- Party shooting leaves Kean U. student injured 4 min ago
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- Search for suspects in Riverhead robbery and assault
- Robbery suspect in custody after Astoria manhunt 17 min ago
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Video released in murder of Brooklyn bodega clerk
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Alleged serial bank robber nabbed in Greenwich Village
- Suspect identified in attempted baby...
47 min ago