New Jersey News
Newark Airport terminal evacuated after breach
NEWARK -- Security officials at Newark Liberty International Airport are reviewing an incident in which a traveler breached a checkpoint and caused the evacuation of one of the airport's terminals.
The breach occurred Thursday afternoon. The Transportation Security Administration tells The Record of Woodland Park that a 64-year-old British man walked past a distracted TSA agent at an exit area in Terminal B.
The terminal was evacuated for about an hour.
The TSA says the agent has been removed from screening duties pending a review of the incident.
Two years ago, a Rutgers graduate student slipped past a Newark security checkpoint to see his girlfriend off, causing a shutdown of a terminal for several hours and delaying flights around the globe.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, newark airport security breach, new jersey news
- Newark bus crash leaves 9 hurt, 1 critically
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead 58 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach 8 min ago
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat arrest in NYC 10 min ago
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved...
8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
58 min ago
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat...
10 min ago