New Jersey News
3 men arrested in attempted kidnapping
JERSEY CITY (WABC) -- Three men are under arrest in New Jersey Tuesday night, accused of a brazen kidnapping attempt.
Jersey City Police released mug shots of two of three men.
Police say they tried to abduct a 28-year-old woman off a street corner in Jersey City Monday night, but she resisted and got away.
It happened at the intersection of Kennedy and Tonnelle at about 7:30 p.m.
The men asked her if she was lost and then attempted to pull her into their gold Acura.
She then snapped a cell phone picture of the vehicle's license plate.
That helped lead to the arrests. They were found sitting in the car just a mile away in a city parking lot.
Hamavun Muntaz, 22, of Jersey City, Omair Chaudhry, 23, of Bayonne, and Aamir Walayat, 22 have been charged with attempting to lure an adult and conspiracy.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, jersey city, attempted abduction, new jersey news
- Bronx sweep nets dozens of suspected gang members 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads 47 min ago
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area 42 min ago
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View" 25 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- 4 dead, 280 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 2 min ago
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT 1 min ago
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
47 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos