New Jersey News
2 dead, 2 rescued after truck hits disabled car
LODI (WABC) -- Two people were killed in a horrific accident late Tuesday in New Jersey.
The crash happened around 11 p.m. along Route 80 in Lodi, when a pickup truck slammed into a disabled vehicle.
Police say the Honda Civic was sitting in the middle lane, not moving, when it was hit from behind. Police are not sure how long the car was sitting there before the crash.
The Civic burst into flames, killing two people in the backseat. The driver, 28-year-old Juan Torres, is listed in critical condition at Hackensack University Medical Center. One of the deceased has been identified as 24-year-old Esmanuel Perez. The other fatality has not been identified.
The driver of the truck, 29-year-old Vinicio Acosta, is being held in Bergen County Jail on $20,000 cash bail on charges of driving with a suspended license.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, lodi, accident, new jersey news
- Yonkers fire injures family of four 14 min ago
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Spring Valley police to announce arrest in Baby Angel case 38 min ago
- Residents warned to look out for black ice
- Avonte's mother continues search with new headquarters
- Local 7 line service resumes after signal problems 24 min ago
- Tourist who lost leg in taxi crash sues city
- Man struck and killed by car on LIE
- Flu shots could be mandatory for NYC kids
- WestJet plays Santa to 250 lucky passengers
- Photos: 4 injured in Yonkers fire
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures