New Jersey News
2 dead, 2 rescued after truck hits disabled car
LODI (WABC) -- Two people were killed in a horrific accident late Tuesday in New Jersey.
The crash happened around 11 p.m. along Route 80 in Lodi, when a pickup truck slammed into a disabled vehicle.
Police say the Honda Civic was sitting in the middle lane, not moving, when it was hit from behind. Police are not sure how long the car was sitting there before the crash.
The Civic burst into flames, killing two people in the backseat. The driver, 28-year-old Juan Torres, is listed in critical condition at Hackensack University Medical Center. One of the deceased has been identified as 24-year-old Esmanuel Perez. The other fatality has not been identified.
The driver of the truck, 29-year-old Vinicio Acosta, is being held in Bergen County Jail on $20,000 cash bail on charges of driving with a suspended license.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, lodi, accident, new jersey news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Fire rips through seven houses in the Bronx
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act