New Jersey News
Hot spots persist at Paterson warehouse
PATERSON (WABC) -- Firefighters on Thursday had to return to douse hot spots one day after a 3-alarm fire gutted a commercial building in Paterson.
It took six hours Wednesday for firefighters to get the upper hand on the blaze at the National Surtrex Corp on McLean Boulevard.
Two firefighters suffered minor injuries.
Officials also had to close a section of Route 20. Ramps to nearby Interstate 80 were also closed.
Firefighters had difficulty accessing the building and ran fire lines over nearby freight train tracks, affecting service on New Jersey Transit.
The company is a large distributor of medical and safety disposable apparel.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, paterson, fire, new jersey news
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar 53 min ago
- Fire burns through house in New Brunswick
- 'Fake' interpreter says he was hallucinating at Mandela event
- Baby it's cold outside!
- Newtown school shooting vigils planned for Thursday
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Bipolar teen missing from Suffolk County
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos