New Jersey News
Hot spots persist at Paterson warehouse
PATERSON (WABC) -- Firefighters on Thursday had to return to douse hot spots one day after a 3-alarm fire gutted a commercial building in Paterson.
It took six hours Wednesday for firefighters to get the upper hand on the blaze at the National Surtrex Corp on McLean Boulevard.
Two firefighters suffered minor injuries.
Officials also had to close a section of Route 20. Ramps to nearby Interstate 80 were also closed.
Firefighters had difficulty accessing the building and ran fire lines over nearby freight train tracks, affecting service on New Jersey Transit.
The company is a large distributor of medical and safety disposable apparel.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, paterson, fire, new jersey news
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Photos: Boston Marathon: One year later
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- 3 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card 35 min ago
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT 13 min ago
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- 3-year-old boy gets stuck in Nebraska claw machine 8 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos