New Jersey News
Hot spots persist at Paterson warehouse
PATERSON (WABC) -- Firefighters on Thursday had to return to douse hot spots one day after a 3-alarm fire gutted a commercial building in Paterson.
It took six hours Wednesday for firefighters to get the upper hand on the blaze at the National Surtrex Corp on McLean Boulevard.
Two firefighters suffered minor injuries.
Officials also had to close a section of Route 20. Ramps to nearby Interstate 80 were also closed.
Firefighters had difficulty accessing the building and ran fire lines over nearby freight train tracks, affecting service on New Jersey Transit.
The company is a large distributor of medical and safety disposable apparel.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, paterson, fire, new jersey news
- 4 people shot in Brooklyn
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Sunday snow storm
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder 57 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Surveillance from East Harlem buildings near explosion
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Sketches released of suspects wanted in lurings
- Bus driver suffers medical emergency, 2 injured
- ESPN: Phil Jackson signs with Knicks
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
57 min ago