New Jersey News
Hot spots persist at Paterson warehouse
PATERSON (WABC) -- Firefighters on Thursday had to return to douse hot spots one day after a 3-alarm fire gutted a commercial building in Paterson.
It took six hours Wednesday for firefighters to get the upper hand on the blaze at the National Surtrex Corp on McLean Boulevard.
Two firefighters suffered minor injuries.
Officials also had to close a section of Route 20. Ramps to nearby Interstate 80 were also closed.
Firefighters had difficulty accessing the building and ran fire lines over nearby freight train tracks, affecting service on New Jersey Transit.
The company is a large distributor of medical and safety disposable apparel.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, paterson, fire, new jersey news
- Jersey City water main break affecting service 37 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Wednesday, but warmup coming 47 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Twin babies tossed from fire in Bronx apartment
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky 58 min ago
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 2 winning tickets sold in $636 million Mega Millions 57 min ago
- LI man to be arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest 58 min ago
- Video: Queens robber squirts clerk with lighter fluid
- Blind man and dog rescued off subway tracks
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
58 min ago
- 2 winning tickets sold in $636 million Mega...
57 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Wednesday, but warmup...
47 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos