New Jersey News
Hot spots persist at Paterson warehouse
PATERSON (WABC) -- Firefighters on Thursday had to return to douse hot spots one day after a 3-alarm fire gutted a commercial building in Paterson.
It took six hours Wednesday for firefighters to get the upper hand on the blaze at the National Surtrex Corp on McLean Boulevard.
Two firefighters suffered minor injuries.
Officials also had to close a section of Route 20. Ramps to nearby Interstate 80 were also closed.
Firefighters had difficulty accessing the building and ran fire lines over nearby freight train tracks, affecting service on New Jersey Transit.
The company is a large distributor of medical and safety disposable apparel.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, paterson, fire, new jersey news
- Authorities: Hofstra student killed by police 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Showers Show Up
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Teen fatally shot on Queens bus 55 min ago
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport
- Vito Lopez says he will resign effective Monday
- Official: 'Amazing' no one died in train crash
- Police say fatal Greenwich Village shooting a hate crime
- 2 win Mega Millions, Powerball jumps to $600 million 37 min ago
- Oxbow wins the Preakness Stakes
- Pacers knock out Knicks with win in Game 6 32 min ago
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos