New Jersey News
Boys found after search in Irvington
IRVINGTON (WABC) -- Police in Irvington, New Jersey have safely located two young boys who were missing earlier Thursday.
Investigators say 9 year old Harry Hyman and his brother 5 year old Gabriel Hyman were dropped off by their mom at the home of one of the boy's fathers on Ellis Avenue on Wednesday evening around 5:30 p.m.
The father returned home late from work, around 9:00 p.m., and when he arrived, the children were not there.
Police said they received a call about the missing boys around 1:00 a.m.
Between 40 and 50 officers were canvassing the area, handing out flyers to residents.
The boys have different fathers, who happen to be brothers. It turns out the boys walked to the home of the second father, officials said.
The boys were watching television news around noon on Thursday when they saw that they were considered missing. So, they walked outside to try to figure out what to do next.
Police found the boys outside of the home a short time later.
Police said the boys appeared to be fine. The investigation is continuing.
When police asked the oldest boy how he knew where he was going, he responded, "I'm smart".
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, irvington, missing children, new jersey news
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner 15 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Forest fire burning in NJ; Evacuations ordered
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games 26 min ago
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- Woman charged in fatal hit and run in Hempstead
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies in NYC
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos