New Jersey News
Sketch released in fatal North Bergen hit and run
NORTH BERGEN, N.J. (WABC) -- There's an intensive search in New Jersey for a hit and run driver.
Police released a sketch of the suspect in the fatal crash.
42-year-old Omar Monroig was struck and killed last month in North Bergen.
He had just left his own birthday party.
The North Bergen Police hope that someone can help identify the driver of a blue Toyota Camry who sped away from the scene and never looked back.
"We absolutely know it's a Toyota Camry, we believe based on the debris left at the scene that it is between a 2001 and a 2004 dark in color. We are currently waiting for the video to be enhanced and sent to New Jersey State Police technologies division as well as the Hudson County Prosecutor's Office. Whatever gets back to us first we're going to run with it," said Dep. Chief Robert Dowd, North Bergen Police Department.
Monroig was struck at high-speed and with such force that his body was thrown 110-feet across Tonnelle Avenue.
It happened on Friday, March 23rd at 11:40 p.m. at Tonnelle Avenue at 52nd Street.
The victim's family is offering a $5,000 reward.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, north bergen, hit and run accident, new jersey news
- 3 lanes blocked on GWB due to maintenance
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Bipolar teen missing from Suffolk County
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen