New Jersey News
Sketch released in fatal North Bergen hit and run
NORTH BERGEN, N.J. (WABC) -- There's an intensive search in New Jersey for a hit and run driver.
Police released a sketch of the suspect in the fatal crash.
42-year-old Omar Monroig was struck and killed last month in North Bergen.
He had just left his own birthday party.
The North Bergen Police hope that someone can help identify the driver of a blue Toyota Camry who sped away from the scene and never looked back.
"We absolutely know it's a Toyota Camry, we believe based on the debris left at the scene that it is between a 2001 and a 2004 dark in color. We are currently waiting for the video to be enhanced and sent to New Jersey State Police technologies division as well as the Hudson County Prosecutor's Office. Whatever gets back to us first we're going to run with it," said Dep. Chief Robert Dowd, North Bergen Police Department.
Monroig was struck at high-speed and with such force that his body was thrown 110-feet across Tonnelle Avenue.
It happened on Friday, March 23rd at 11:40 p.m. at Tonnelle Avenue at 52nd Street.
The victim's family is offering a $5,000 reward.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, north bergen, hit and run accident, new jersey news
- Bible from East Harlem church found in debris
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem community tries to move forward after explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for Malaysian jet widens
- Toddler survives after tumbling onto subway tracks
- Sick patrons interrupt Broadway show performance
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- Video: Manhattan clinches first NCAA bid in a decade