New Jersey News
Police release sketch of bus stop robber
EAST ORANGE, N.J. (WABC) -- Police are also stepping up their search for a man wanted for a series of knifepoint robberies at bus stops in East Orange, New Jersey.
Police released a sketch of the suspect.
He's described as 18 to 20 years old, 5'7" and 140 pounds, with gaps between his teeth.
Three women were mugged in February and March.
The robberies took place in the evening in the areas of Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard to William Street and North Munn to Prospect Street.
In each instance, the suspect walked up to the victim and showed them his knife, demanded money and attempted to force the woman to a secluded area.
Fortunately, all of the woman escaped unharmed.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, east orange, robbery, new jersey news
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Video: Two US astronauts set to spacewalk to fix ISS
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos