New Jersey News
2 suspects wanted in Clifton liquor store robbery
CLIFTON (WABC) -- Police are on the lookout in Clifton for two suspects who were involved in an armed robbery.
At approximately 9:15 a.m. on Thursday, two men entered the Wine Country Liquor Store located at 519 Piaget Avenue. One of the suspects wore a ski mask and was carrying a handgun. The second suspect was wearing a hood over a portion of his head.
The masked suspect approached the cash register area, pointed the weapon at an employee, and pistol whipped him numerous times on his face. Meanwhile, the second suspect locked the front doors and acted as a lookout.
The suspects then removed cash and liquor from the store and fled the scene, heading towards Luddington Avenue.
Police immediately searched the area, however the suspects were unable to be located.
After viewing video surveillance from the scene, police revealed that the masked suspect was approximately 5'9" with a heavy build. The second suspect is believed to be of Hispanic descent, with a thin to medium build. Both suspects were wearing dark colored pants and gray, hooded sweatshirts.
The liquor store employee sustained injuries to his head and was taken to a local hospital for treatment.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is urged to contact the Clifton Police Detective Bureau at 973-470-5908 or the Clifton Police Communications Center at 973-470-5911 (24 hours a day). Callers can remain anonymous.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, clifton, robbery, new jersey news
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Small school bus overturns in Brooklyn 10 min ago
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time 29 min ago
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video 12 min ago
- 5 injured when car crashes into Bronx store 32 min ago
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins 33 min ago
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
3 min ago
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
12 min ago
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
33 min ago