New Jersey News
Janitor gets life in New Jersey priest murder
MORRISTOWN, N.J. -- A former church janitor has been sentenced to life in prison without parole after being convicted of killing a New Jersey priest.
Feliciano, who testified during his trial, was unable to persuade a jury he had killed Hinds in a fit of rage over sexual blackmail.
Feliciano, of Easton, Pa., was sentenced Friday in state superior court in Morristown.
Prosecutors say Feliciano stabbed the priest more than 30 times after Hinds fired him upon discovering Feliciano had an outstanding arrest warrant in Philadelphia from the 1980s for sexually touching a child.
A jury found him guilty in December of murder and other charges.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, crime, murder, legal, new jersey news
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens 29 min ago
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall