New Jersey News
All clear given after Montclair gas main break
MONTCLAIR, New Jersey (WABC) -- PSE&G say a contractor damaged a 6 inch plastic gas main on Bloomfield and Park Street in Montclair, New Jersey, causing evacuations and road closures for several hours.
About 100 people were evacuated while repairs were made.
Leak was capped and made safe shortly after noon.
South Park between Bloomfield Ave. and Church St. and the intersection of South Park and Bloomfield closed during the incident reopened shortly before 1:00 p.m.
The gas built up instead of being trapped under ground, so officials say things remained stable.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, montclair, gas leak, new jersey news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery 48 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday 28 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run 41 min ago
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets 39 min ago
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
48 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
28 min ago