New Jersey News
All clear given after Montclair gas main break
MONTCLAIR, New Jersey (WABC) -- PSE&G say a contractor damaged a 6 inch plastic gas main on Bloomfield and Park Street in Montclair, New Jersey, causing evacuations and road closures for several hours.
About 100 people were evacuated while repairs were made.
Leak was capped and made safe shortly after noon.
South Park between Bloomfield Ave. and Church St. and the intersection of South Park and Bloomfield closed during the incident reopened shortly before 1:00 p.m.
The gas built up instead of being trapped under ground, so officials say things remained stable.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, montclair, gas leak, new jersey news
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Elderly pedestrian hit by two cars in Harlem
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes 29 min ago
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials
- Photos: Pan Am 103 bombing
- NASA astronauts make spacewalk for urgent repairs
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall