New Jersey News
8-year-old child killed in N.J. Turnpike accident
SOUTH BRUNSWICK, New Jersey (WABC) -- An 8-year-old child was killed and two other people were injured in a one car accident on the New Jersey Turnpike Monday.
The accident occurred near mile marker 75.2 in the south bound lanes of the Turnpike in South Brunswick.
Police say the driver lost control of the vehicle and struck the concrete barrier in the inner roadway and the car overturned. 8-year-old Ayanah Paxton was ejected. She was flown to Robert Wood Johnson where she succumbed to her injuries.
The driver of the vehicle has been identified as 48-year-old Priscilla Paxton of Queens, NY.
17-year-old Maurice Corney of Jamaica Plains was also in the vehicle at the time of the accident. The other two passengers were taken to the hospital but were expected to recover.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, accident, new jersey turnpike, new jersey news
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's in Nassau County 5 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers
- Freight train, truck collide in West Nyack
- Surveillance video released in "Baby Angel" case
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- Photos: Long Island Rail Road massacre
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela 10 min ago
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City 9 min ago
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Robinson Cano to sign with Mariners
- USA to open against Ghana in '14 World Cup
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
10 min ago
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
9 min ago