New Jersey News
Woman struck, killed by NJ Transit bus
IRVINGTON (WABC) -- A New Jersey Transit bus struck and killed a woman in Irvington on Monday morning.
Josefa Cisallina, 45, of Orange was struck at the intersection of Springfield Avenue and New Street in Irvington around 6:00 a.m. The bus was traveling eastbound at the time, officials said.
The victim was transported to University Hospital in critical condition, where she was pronounced dead at 8:46 am.
No charges have been filed against anyone in connection with the collision.
The Essex County Prosecutor's Office and Irvington Police are investigating.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, new jersey transit, new jersey news
- JFK baggage handlers charged with theft
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze being laid to rest
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Orange County school evacuated after ceiling collapse
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos