New Jersey News
Woman struck, killed by NJ Transit bus
IRVINGTON (WABC) -- A New Jersey Transit bus struck and killed a woman in Irvington on Monday morning.
Josefa Cisallina, 45, of Orange was struck at the intersection of Springfield Avenue and New Street in Irvington around 6:00 a.m. The bus was traveling eastbound at the time, officials said.
The victim was transported to University Hospital in critical condition, where she was pronounced dead at 8:46 am.
No charges have been filed against anyone in connection with the collision.
The Essex County Prosecutor's Office and Irvington Police are investigating.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, new jersey transit, new jersey news
- NJ Transit buses delayed 30 minutes 43 min ago
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues 45 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- Teen heading to prom dies in car accident
- Amanda Bynes released after court appearance
- 3 hurt when I-5 bridge collapses into Wash. river
- Bridge collapse calls into question other bridges' safety
- Tree trouble in Dumont
- Eats: Camarones Mi Pueblo at Zapata in Palisades
- abcnews: Hurricane season could be 'extremely active'
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
- Photos: Flash flooding in the New York area
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
45 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos