New Jersey News
Woman struck, killed by NJ Transit bus
IRVINGTON (WABC) -- A New Jersey Transit bus struck and killed a woman in Irvington on Monday morning.
Josefa Cisallina, 45, of Orange was struck at the intersection of Springfield Avenue and New Street in Irvington around 6:00 a.m. The bus was traveling eastbound at the time, officials said.
The victim was transported to University Hospital in critical condition, where she was pronounced dead at 8:46 am.
No charges have been filed against anyone in connection with the collision.
The Essex County Prosecutor's Office and Irvington Police are investigating.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, new jersey transit, new jersey news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow hits southern New Jersey, heads for NYC
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Suspect charged with assaulting cop with cane
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia
- NJ restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Up Close with Diana Williams
- Tiempo on WABC-TV