New Jersey News
Land mines found in woman's luggage at Newark Airport
NEWARK -- A type of explosive widely used during the Vietnam War was found in luggage at Newark Liberty International Airport.
Officials say three Claymore mine casings were found in a New Jersey woman's luggage as she passed through security at Terminal C on Tuesday morning.
The Transportation Security Administration says two of the three casings were packed with shrapnel but none featured explosives or detonators.
The woman told security officials she was attending explosives demonstration. She was permitted to re-book her flight to San Francisco and continue her trip without the weapons.
Claymore mines are land mines that discharge steel fragments.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, newark, newark liberty international airport, new jersey news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way 22 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow begins falling in New Jersey 47 min ago
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes 59 min ago
- Suspect charged with assaulting cop with cane
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia
- NJ restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Up Close with Diana Williams
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way
22 min ago