New Jersey News
Homicide charge filed in New Jersey man's death
HANOVER TOWNSHIP, N.J. -- A northern New Jersey woman who allegedly was driving under the influence when she hit and killed a pedestrian this weekend has been charged with vehicular homicide.
Bail was set Sunday at $100,000 cash for 32-year-old Vanessa E. Brown of Parsippany. She also faces numerous motor vehicle charges.
Morris County prosecutors say Brown was driving in Hanover Township when she lost control of her car around 1:45 p.m. Saturday and struck 49-year-old Ralph Politi Jr. of East Hanover.
Politi was standing by the driver's side door of his pickup truck, which was parked in a parking space parallel to the road.
After hitting Politi, Brown's car traveled another 60 feet through a parking lot before hitting some parked cars.
Authorities did not know Sunday if Brown had retained a lawyer.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, morris county, drunk driving, dwi, new jersey news
- Off-duty NYPD officer stabbed in neck in Brooklyn 27 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Cops suspended, they say for serving in military 18 min ago
- Subway service impacted after officer injured in Brooklyn
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged 20 min ago
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- President Obama says 2013 hasn't been so bad
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class 1 min ago
- Volunteers give Vietnam Vet special holiday gift 55 min ago
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos