New Jersey News
Homicide charge filed in New Jersey man's death
HANOVER TOWNSHIP, N.J. -- A northern New Jersey woman who allegedly was driving under the influence when she hit and killed a pedestrian this weekend has been charged with vehicular homicide.
Bail was set Sunday at $100,000 cash for 32-year-old Vanessa E. Brown of Parsippany. She also faces numerous motor vehicle charges.
Morris County prosecutors say Brown was driving in Hanover Township when she lost control of her car around 1:45 p.m. Saturday and struck 49-year-old Ralph Politi Jr. of East Hanover.
Politi was standing by the driver's side door of his pickup truck, which was parked in a parking space parallel to the road.
After hitting Politi, Brown's car traveled another 60 feet through a parking lot before hitting some parked cars.
Authorities did not know Sunday if Brown had retained a lawyer.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, morris county, drunk driving, dwi, new jersey news
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly 38 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche 9 min ago
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
38 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos