New Jersey News
Homicide charge filed in New Jersey man's death
HANOVER TOWNSHIP, N.J. -- A northern New Jersey woman who allegedly was driving under the influence when she hit and killed a pedestrian this weekend has been charged with vehicular homicide.
Bail was set Sunday at $100,000 cash for 32-year-old Vanessa E. Brown of Parsippany. She also faces numerous motor vehicle charges.
Morris County prosecutors say Brown was driving in Hanover Township when she lost control of her car around 1:45 p.m. Saturday and struck 49-year-old Ralph Politi Jr. of East Hanover.
Politi was standing by the driver's side door of his pickup truck, which was parked in a parking space parallel to the road.
After hitting Politi, Brown's car traveled another 60 feet through a parking lot before hitting some parked cars.
Authorities did not know Sunday if Brown had retained a lawyer.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, morris county, drunk driving, dwi, new jersey news
- 3 hurt when I-5 bridge collapses into Wash. river 7 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Lingering flood waters create commuting headache
- Amanda Bynes arrested, allegedly tosses bong out window 20 min ago
- Man fatally stabbed during dispute in Chelsea 51 min ago
- Man beaten by subway performers on F train in Astoria 42 min ago
- Brooklyn robber terrorizing teens with knife, box cutter 22 min ago
- Police hunt for man targeting Queens change machines 53 min ago
- abcnews: Hurricane season could be 'extremely active'
- GMA's 2013 Summer Concert Series kicks off Friday
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
- Photos: Flash flooding in the New York area
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos