New Jersey News
Bear captured after being stuck in tree in Union, N.J.
UNION, New Jersey (WABC) -- A bear was caught after being stuck in a tree in Union, New Jersey.
LINK: VIEW PHOTOS OF BEAR
The bear was hanging out in a tree on the side of Union's town hall.
Wildlife officials were able to tranquilize the bear who fell into netting before running out.
The 18 month old black bear finally ended up in a neighborhood.
The bear first was seen overnight before taking his place in the tree.
Wildlife tagged the 186 pound bear and will be moved to the woods where he belongs.
In most cases officials say they are male bears who are kicked out of the den once the mother has more cubs, and they just end up lost.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, bear, union, new jersey news
- Possible 'knockout' attack victim speaks out
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters sent to wrong location in Jersey City fire
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- 2 firefighters injured in Bronx bodega fire
- Search for owner of severely malnourished dog
- Cardinal Dolan supports universal pre-k
- Cars burglarized at gyms in Wyckoff and Ridgewood
- Man speaks about shooting would-be burglar
- FDNY battery giveaway for smoke, CO detectors
- Photos: Mariano Rivera's career in pictures
- Spinning class and karaoke all in one