New Jersey News
Motorcyclist killed in New Jersey crash
EAST RUTHERFORD (WABC) -- A motorcyclist has been killed in a head-on collision with a sports car outside MetLife Stadium.
Accident investigators trying to determine just how fast two Ferraris were traveling when a routine trip to get gas turned fatal.
According to police, the silver Ferrari was the first to lose control. Then, the red Ferrari swerved into the oncoming lanes and hit a motorcycle head on.
The crash proved fatal for the 57-year-old man driving the motorcycle. His bike was sliced in half and shredded.
The driver of the luxury car suffered only minor hand injuries although the car was pretty much destroyed.
It is not clear if the driver of the silver Ferrari was hurt at all.
The sports car was owned by Englewood-based Gotham Dream Cars, which was staging an event in which customers could live out a fantasy by paying $100 to drive a Ferrari or Lamborghini three laps around a course set up near the Meadowlands Race Track.
In response to this morning's fatal accident, Gotham Dream Cars cancelled today's event.
Rob Ferretti, Gotham's chief operating officer, tells The Record the car was driven by a Gotham employee who was returning from a refueling trip.
As for the motorcyclist, Eyewitness News learns that he was a stagehand who was heading to work at another event at the stadium when the quiet service road turned into a deadly run.
A spokesperson for Gotham Dream Cars said that the company extends it condolences to the family of the motorcyclist.
So far no charges have been filed.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, east rutherford, accident, new jersey news, lucy yang
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Biker killed in Bronx collision
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall