New Jersey News
Motorcyclist killed in New Jersey crash
EAST RUTHERFORD (WABC) -- A motorcyclist has been killed in a head-on collision with a sports car outside MetLife Stadium.
Accident investigators trying to determine just how fast two Ferraris were traveling when a routine trip to get gas turned fatal.
According to police, the silver Ferrari was the first to lose control. Then, the red Ferrari swerved into the oncoming lanes and hit a motorcycle head on.
The crash proved fatal for the 57-year-old man driving the motorcycle. His bike was sliced in half and shredded.
The driver of the luxury car suffered only minor hand injuries although the car was pretty much destroyed.
It is not clear if the driver of the silver Ferrari was hurt at all.
The sports car was owned by Englewood-based Gotham Dream Cars, which was staging an event in which customers could live out a fantasy by paying $100 to drive a Ferrari or Lamborghini three laps around a course set up near the Meadowlands Race Track.
In response to this morning's fatal accident, Gotham Dream Cars cancelled today's event.
Rob Ferretti, Gotham's chief operating officer, tells The Record the car was driven by a Gotham employee who was returning from a refueling trip.
As for the motorcyclist, Eyewitness News learns that he was a stagehand who was heading to work at another event at the stadium when the quiet service road turned into a deadly run.
A spokesperson for Gotham Dream Cars said that the company extends it condolences to the family of the motorcyclist.
So far no charges have been filed.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, east rutherford, accident, new jersey news, lucy yang
- Police shoot and kill suspect in Ridgefield, Conn.
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
- Eyewitness News Live
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again 30 min ago
- Gridlock traffic for Memorial Day weekend getaway 14 min ago
- Teen heading to prom dies in car accident
- Amanda Bynes released after court appearance
- 3 hurt when I-5 bridge collapses into Wash. river
- Bridge collapse calls into question other bridges' safety
- Eats: Camarones Mi Pueblo at Zapata in Palisades
- abcnews: Cleveland Women Can Keep Captor's Dogs
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
- Parts of Saw Mill Parkway remain closed due...
53 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos