New Jersey News
2 shot, 1 fatally near City Hall, Prudential Center
NEWARK (WABC) -- Police in Newark are investigating an overnight shooting just a block from City Hall and the Prudential Center that left one person dead and another wounded.
Investigators say the two people, both 23-year-old officers at the Union County juvenile detention center, were shot at the intersection of Mulberry and Green streets just after 1:30 a.m. Monday.
Both men were transported to University Hospital. Quinton Brown, of Hillside, was pronounced dead at 3:29 a.m. The second man, whose identity is being protected, is a resident of Plainfield. He remains in critical condition.
Police say both victims were patrons of a local bar, and that the shootings occurred on the street. It appears at this time that the shootings were targeted.
No arrests have been made, and no suspects have been identified. The investigation is active and ongoing.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, newark, shooting, new jersey news
- 9 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in Newark 25 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach 13 min ago
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat arrest in NYC
- Rangel expected to announce run for 23rd term 31 min ago
- Jersey City boil water advisory in effect after main break 20 min ago
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved...
13 min ago