New Jersey News
2 shot, 1 fatally near City Hall, Prudential Center
NEWARK (WABC) -- Police in Newark are investigating an overnight shooting just a block from City Hall and the Prudential Center that left one person dead and another wounded.
Investigators say the two people, both 23-year-old officers at the Union County juvenile detention center, were shot at the intersection of Mulberry and Green streets just after 1:30 a.m. Monday.
Both men were transported to University Hospital. Quinton Brown, of Hillside, was pronounced dead at 3:29 a.m. The second man, whose identity is being protected, is a resident of Plainfield. He remains in critical condition.
Police say both victims were patrons of a local bar, and that the shootings occurred on the street. It appears at this time that the shootings were targeted.
No arrests have been made, and no suspects have been identified. The investigation is active and ongoing.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, newark, shooting, new jersey news
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital 54 min ago
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 34 min ago
- Bronx sweep nets suspected gang members
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent...
54 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos