New Jersey News
2 shot, 1 fatally near City Hall, Prudential Center
NEWARK (WABC) -- Police in Newark are investigating an overnight shooting just a block from City Hall and the Prudential Center that left one person dead and another wounded.
Investigators say the two people, both 23-year-old officers at the Union County juvenile detention center, were shot at the intersection of Mulberry and Green streets just after 1:30 a.m. Monday.
Both men were transported to University Hospital. Quinton Brown, of Hillside, was pronounced dead at 3:29 a.m. The second man, whose identity is being protected, is a resident of Plainfield. He remains in critical condition.
Police say both victims were patrons of a local bar, and that the shootings occurred on the street. It appears at this time that the shootings were targeted.
No arrests have been made, and no suspects have been identified. The investigation is active and ongoing.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, newark, shooting, new jersey news
- Authorities: Hofstra student killed by police
- AccuWeather: Showers Show Up
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 1 winning ticket sold for record Powerball jackpot 20 min ago
- Teen fatally shot on Queens bus
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport
- Vito Lopez says he will resign effective Monday
- Official: Broken rail eyed in Metro North crash
- Police say fatal Greenwich Village shooting a hate crime
- Oxbow wins the Preakness Stakes
- Pacers knock out Knicks with win in Game 6
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos