New Jersey News
2 shot, 1 fatally near City Hall, Prudential Center
NEWARK (WABC) -- Police in Newark are investigating an overnight shooting just a block from City Hall and the Prudential Center that left one person dead and another wounded.
Investigators say the two people, both 23-year-old officers at the Union County juvenile detention center, were shot at the intersection of Mulberry and Green streets just after 1:30 a.m. Monday.
Both men were transported to University Hospital. Quinton Brown, of Hillside, was pronounced dead at 3:29 a.m. The second man, whose identity is being protected, is a resident of Plainfield. He remains in critical condition.
Police say both victims were patrons of a local bar, and that the shootings occurred on the street. It appears at this time that the shootings were targeted.
No arrests have been made, and no suspects have been identified. The investigation is active and ongoing.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, newark, shooting, new jersey news
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- AccuWeather: Windy & Cooler 18 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Video shows burglar cashing in lotto tickets in Queens
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin 16 min ago
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- Suspect in Myls Dobson murder due in court
- New York City pre-K signups end on Wednesday
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- AccuWeather: Windy & Cooler
18 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos