New Jersey News
2 shot, 1 fatally near City Hall, Prudential Center
NEWARK (WABC) -- Police in Newark are investigating an overnight shooting just a block from City Hall and the Prudential Center that left one person dead and another wounded.
Investigators say the two people, both 23-year-old officers at the Union County juvenile detention center, were shot at the intersection of Mulberry and Green streets just after 1:30 a.m. Monday.
Both men were transported to University Hospital. Quinton Brown, of Hillside, was pronounced dead at 3:29 a.m. The second man, whose identity is being protected, is a resident of Plainfield. He remains in critical condition.
Police say both victims were patrons of a local bar, and that the shootings occurred on the street. It appears at this time that the shootings were targeted.
No arrests have been made, and no suspects have been identified. The investigation is active and ongoing.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, newark, shooting, new jersey news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 58 min ago
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Fire rips through seven houses in the Bronx
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act