New Jersey News
Woman accused of running Ponzi scheme
HACKENSACK -- Authorities say a New Jersey woman operated a Ponzi scheme over a six-year period by telling people they could invest in a hedge fund operated by financier George Soros.
Soros never heard of Dunya Predovan or the hedge fund.
Bergen County's prosecutor says the 58-year-old collected approximately $450,000 and investors never received any money.
The Manahawkin resident is held on $100,000 bail, charged with theft by deception and issuing bad checks.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, hackensack, ponzi scheme, new jersey news
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting 56 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly 38 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
38 min ago