New Jersey News
Woman accused of running Ponzi scheme
HACKENSACK -- Authorities say a New Jersey woman operated a Ponzi scheme over a six-year period by telling people they could invest in a hedge fund operated by financier George Soros.
Soros never heard of Dunya Predovan or the hedge fund.
Bergen County's prosecutor says the 58-year-old collected approximately $450,000 and investors never received any money.
The Manahawkin resident is held on $100,000 bail, charged with theft by deception and issuing bad checks.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, hackensack, ponzi scheme, new jersey news
- LIRR train derails in East River tunnel
- AccuWeather Forecast: Spotty Storm
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Victim of attempted robbery falls out window
- Suspect shot and killed in Newark robbery attempt
- Teacher suspended after alleged sending threatening voicemail
- Passenger arrested after incident on Newark-bound flight
- LI 7-Eleven owners accused of human smuggling
- NYC plans composting program to recycle food scraps
- abcnews: Murnaghans Face Backlash After Sarah's Lung...
- Actor Jeff Garlin won't face vandalism charges in LA
- Photos: Hong Kong-Newark Plane disturbance
- Photos: Miss Connecticut crowned Miss USA
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos