New Jersey News
Woman accused of running Ponzi scheme
HACKENSACK -- Authorities say a New Jersey woman operated a Ponzi scheme over a six-year period by telling people they could invest in a hedge fund operated by financier George Soros.
Soros never heard of Dunya Predovan or the hedge fund.
Bergen County's prosecutor says the 58-year-old collected approximately $450,000 and investors never received any money.
The Manahawkin resident is held on $100,000 bail, charged with theft by deception and issuing bad checks.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, hackensack, ponzi scheme, new jersey news
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Water line floods three Midtown building basements
- Jersey City water main break isolated; Water back on
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- Blind man and dog rescued will stay together
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos