New Jersey News
Woman accused of running Ponzi scheme
HACKENSACK -- Authorities say a New Jersey woman operated a Ponzi scheme over a six-year period by telling people they could invest in a hedge fund operated by financier George Soros.
Soros never heard of Dunya Predovan or the hedge fund.
Bergen County's prosecutor says the 58-year-old collected approximately $450,000 and investors never received any money.
The Manahawkin resident is held on $100,000 bail, charged with theft by deception and issuing bad checks.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, hackensack, ponzi scheme, new jersey news
- Designer L'Wren Scott dead in apparent suicide 46 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Afternoon
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- St. Pat's parade proceeds amid tension over gays
- Shelton teen critical after being shot in head
- Cop shoots pit bull in Bronx apartment building
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast investigation ramps up
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Crimea parliament declares independence after vote
- Los Angeles earthquake felt by residents
- Photos: Dancing With The Stars Season 18 cast
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon