New Jersey News
Woman accused of running Ponzi scheme
HACKENSACK -- Authorities say a New Jersey woman operated a Ponzi scheme over a six-year period by telling people they could invest in a hedge fund operated by financier George Soros.
Soros never heard of Dunya Predovan or the hedge fund.
Bergen County's prosecutor says the 58-year-old collected approximately $450,000 and investors never received any money.
The Manahawkin resident is held on $100,000 bail, charged with theft by deception and issuing bad checks.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, hackensack, ponzi scheme, new jersey news
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 40 min ago
- Bronx sweep nets suspected gang members
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos