New Jersey News
2 workers burned, 1 seriously, in Union gas explosion
UNION (WABC) -- Two workers were burned, one seriously, in a flash gas explosion in New Jersey Monday morning.
The workers were installing new residential gas main at Union County Parkway and Azalea Road in Union at around 8:30 a.m.
They were connecting an existing main to a new one when there was a flash explosion.
One worker was burned seriously to the arms, chest and face area. That worker was rushed to the burn unit at St. Barnabas Medical Center
The other worker sustained less serious injuries. He was treated at the scene and refused to go to the hospital.
A small ensuing gas leak was capped by Elizabethtown Gas workers.
The injured workers were employed by Henkels & McCoy, a private contractor.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, union, explosion, new jersey news
- Teacher charged with rape of student in the Bronx 9 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Comfortable
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Dave Jennings, former Giants punter, dies 6 min ago
- Man shot multiple times in Nassau County
- At least 6 hurt when car jumps curb in East Village
- Robbery suspect dead in Brooklyn police shooting
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- Woman allegedly kicks police dog in teeth
- Natura recalls all brands of dry pet food
- Strollers recalled due to wheel blowouts , Kolcraft says
- Slim Whitman, country singer, dies
- Photos: Most endangered historic places
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos