New Jersey News
Newark police step up patrols for Rangers vs. Devils playoff games
NEWARK (WABC) -- The Newark Police Department is stepping up as the New York Rangers and New Jersey Devils playoff series moves to Newark.
More than a dozen juveniles have been arrested after an earlier incident this month after the Red Hot Chili Peppers concert at the Prudential Center. READ PREVIOUS STORY
Newark Police Director Samuel DeMaio noted, "The Newark Police Department has routinely provided adequate security at all of our sporting and cultural events here in Newark. Despite hosting several hundred such events over the past decade there have only been two documented incidents. While our overall success may not bring solace to the unfortunate victims of those two isolated incidents however it does speak to our commitment to ensure that our residents and visitors are able to safely enjoy all of our recreational and cultural resources."
Game 3 of the series is Saturday afternoon at 1 p.m. The best of 7 series is tied at 1 game a piece.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, new jersey devils, new york rangers, new jersey news
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash 41 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather...
41 min ago