New Jersey News
1 dead, another wounded in Orange, New Jersey shootings
ORANGE, N.J. (WABC) -- One man is dead and another is hospitalized after a shooting in northern New Jersey.
Acting Essex County Prosecutor Carolyn Murray says 19-year-old Malcolm Bagley of Orange was found just before 1 a.m. Sunday by Orange police who had responded to a report of shots fired in the 100 block of Taylor Street.
Bagley was pronounced dead at the scene a short time later.
Officers soon learned a 19-year-old East Orange man had been wounded in the shooting and been taken to a hospital.
But the victim's name and further details on his injuries were not disclosed.
It's not yet known what spurred the shooting or how many people may have been involved.
The investigation is being led by the prosecutor's major crimes task force.
Anyone with information is asked to contact task force detectives at (877) 847-7432 or (973) 621-4586
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, orange, shooting, murder, new jersey news
- Autistic boy missing in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 2 dead after wreck on Southern State
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen