New Jersey News
1 dead, another wounded in Orange, New Jersey shootings
ORANGE, N.J. (WABC) -- One man is dead and another is hospitalized after a shooting in northern New Jersey.
Acting Essex County Prosecutor Carolyn Murray says 19-year-old Malcolm Bagley of Orange was found just before 1 a.m. Sunday by Orange police who had responded to a report of shots fired in the 100 block of Taylor Street.
Bagley was pronounced dead at the scene a short time later.
Officers soon learned a 19-year-old East Orange man had been wounded in the shooting and been taken to a hospital.
But the victim's name and further details on his injuries were not disclosed.
It's not yet known what spurred the shooting or how many people may have been involved.
The investigation is being led by the prosecutor's major crimes task force.
Anyone with information is asked to contact task force detectives at (877) 847-7432 or (973) 621-4586
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, orange, shooting, murder, new jersey news
- Possible 'knockout' attack victim speaks out
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters sent to wrong location in Jersey City fire
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- 2 firefighters injured in Bronx bodega fire
- Search for owner of severely malnourished dog
- Cardinal Dolan supports universal pre-k
- Cars burglarized at gyms in Wyckoff and Ridgewood
- Man speaks about shooting would-be burglar
- FDNY battery giveaway for smoke, CO detectors
- Photos: Mariano Rivera's career in pictures
- Spinning class and karaoke all in one
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos