New Jersey News
1 dead, another wounded in Orange, New Jersey shootings
ORANGE, N.J. (WABC) -- One man is dead and another is hospitalized after a shooting in northern New Jersey.
Acting Essex County Prosecutor Carolyn Murray says 19-year-old Malcolm Bagley of Orange was found just before 1 a.m. Sunday by Orange police who had responded to a report of shots fired in the 100 block of Taylor Street.
Bagley was pronounced dead at the scene a short time later.
Officers soon learned a 19-year-old East Orange man had been wounded in the shooting and been taken to a hospital.
But the victim's name and further details on his injuries were not disclosed.
It's not yet known what spurred the shooting or how many people may have been involved.
The investigation is being led by the prosecutor's major crimes task force.
Anyone with information is asked to contact task force detectives at (877) 847-7432 or (973) 621-4586
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, orange, shooting, murder, new jersey news
- UK: Victim in London attack was serving soldier
- AccuWeather: Stormy day
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- West Point soldier charged with videotaping women
- Truck driver helps catch hit-and-run suspect in Queens
- Oklahoma residents begin hard recovery after tornado
- Anthony Weiner to court voters in Harlem Thursday
- Jersey City boy killed outside home to be laid to rest
- Queens businessman kidnapped and tortured
- Operation Swill: cheap booze in premium liquor bottles
- abcnews: Oklahoma tornado: Before and after photos
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Photos: Accuweather forecast in pictures 58 min ago