New Jersey News
1 dead, another wounded in Orange, New Jersey shootings
ORANGE, N.J. (WABC) -- One man is dead and another is hospitalized after a shooting in northern New Jersey.
Acting Essex County Prosecutor Carolyn Murray says 19-year-old Malcolm Bagley of Orange was found just before 1 a.m. Sunday by Orange police who had responded to a report of shots fired in the 100 block of Taylor Street.
Bagley was pronounced dead at the scene a short time later.
Officers soon learned a 19-year-old East Orange man had been wounded in the shooting and been taken to a hospital.
But the victim's name and further details on his injuries were not disclosed.
It's not yet known what spurred the shooting or how many people may have been involved.
The investigation is being led by the prosecutor's major crimes task force.
Anyone with information is asked to contact task force detectives at (877) 847-7432 or (973) 621-4586
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, orange, shooting, murder, new jersey news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow begins falling in New Jersey 8 min ago
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes 20 min ago
- Suspect charged with assaulting cop with cane
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia
- NJ restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Up Close with Diana Williams
- Tiempo on WABC-TV