New Jersey News
Popular ice cream vendor robbed, slashed in Totowa
TOTOWA (WABC) -- A popular ice cream vendor needed six stitches Monday night after getting stabbed and robbed on his route.
It happened shortly after 6 p.m. on Monday. The vendor, who didn't want to be identified, was selling his cold sweet treats in Totowa when a man armed with a knife attacked him.
He says his attacker entered the truck and robbed him, slashing his arm in the process. The bleeding vendor tried to drive away, and the violent thug grabbed what cash he could and bailed out.
Officials believe the attacker began his crime spree in Little Falls, stealing a Subaru earlier Monday.
Then, he approached the truck and asked if he could go inside. After the vendor said no, he came back two blocks later and forced his way in through the side window.
The suspect is still on the loose.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, totowa, new jersey news, lucy yang
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach 3 min ago
- Jersey City water main break isolated; Water back on
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Next City Council Speaker likely Melissa Mark-Viverito 58 min ago
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
3 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos