New Jersey News
New Jersey reminds drivers to restrain pets in vehicles
TRENTON (WABC) -- New Jersey drivers are being reminded that the phrase "Click It or Ticket" also applies to four-legged passengers.
The state has noticed a growing problem with drivers being distracted as a result of pets not being properly restrained.
Officials say the pets are not only in danger of hurting themselves and their human family members, but can be the cause of big fines and penalties. They add that unrestrained animals have little chance of surviving even a minor accident.
Police will be on the lookout for pets hanging out of windows, sitting on the laps of drivers or travelling in the open back of pick-up trucks.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, new jersey news
- House fire in New Brunswick 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar 21 min ago
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual 59 min ago
- Baby it's cold outside! 22 min ago
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Bipolar teen missing from Suffolk County
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire 55 min ago
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Baruch College student dies in apparent...
59 min ago