New Jersey News
Etan Patz's mom: I wish this could all be over
MOORESTOWN -- The mother of Etan Patz says she just wishes it could all be over.
Julie Patz spoke Tuesday outside her New York City apartment building, a week after a man confessed to killing her 6-year-old son 33 years ago.
"This is taking my freedom away," she said. "I just wish this could be over."
She made the remarks after running into reporters and photographers.
Asked if she believed police got the right suspect, Patz said: "No comment. It's an ongoing investigation."
Etan's body hasn't been recovered.
Authorities are continuing to flesh out the case after Pedro Hernandez made the startling admission. He worked at a neighborhood convenience store when Etan vanished on his way to school May 25, 1979.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, etan patz, pedro hernandez, new jersey news
- Snow alert issued for New York City 44 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way 35 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Obamas to attend Tuesday service for Nelson Mandela
- Brooklyn police shooting leaves suspect wounded
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire 54 min ago
- NJ restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- De Blasio, Bratton join Sharpton at Mandela tribute
- Police hunt driver in deadly Queens hit and run
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Eric Gelinas' OT goal helps Devils beat Rangers
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way
35 min ago