New Jersey News
Etan Patz's mom: I wish this could all be over
MOORESTOWN -- The mother of Etan Patz says she just wishes it could all be over.
Julie Patz spoke Tuesday outside her New York City apartment building, a week after a man confessed to killing her 6-year-old son 33 years ago.
"This is taking my freedom away," she said. "I just wish this could be over."
She made the remarks after running into reporters and photographers.
Asked if she believed police got the right suspect, Patz said: "No comment. It's an ongoing investigation."
Etan's body hasn't been recovered.
Authorities are continuing to flesh out the case after Pedro Hernandez made the startling admission. He worked at a neighborhood convenience store when Etan vanished on his way to school May 25, 1979.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, etan patz, pedro hernandez, new jersey news
- Designer L'Wren Scott dead in apparent suicide 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Afternoon 1 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- St. Pat's parade proceeds amid tension over gays 5 min ago
- Los Angeles earthquake felt by residents 46 min ago
- Shelton teen critical after being shot in head 45 min ago
- Cop shoots pit bull in Bronx apartment building
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast investigation ramps up 4 min ago
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Crimea parliament declares independence after vote
- Chris Brown kicked out of rehab, facing jail time
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon
- St. Pat's parade proceeds amid tension over...
5 min ago
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast...
4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Afternoon
1 min ago