New Jersey News
Etan Patz's mom: I wish this could all be over
MOORESTOWN -- The mother of Etan Patz says she just wishes it could all be over.
Julie Patz spoke Tuesday outside her New York City apartment building, a week after a man confessed to killing her 6-year-old son 33 years ago.
"This is taking my freedom away," she said. "I just wish this could be over."
She made the remarks after running into reporters and photographers.
Asked if she believed police got the right suspect, Patz said: "No comment. It's an ongoing investigation."
Etan's body hasn't been recovered.
Authorities are continuing to flesh out the case after Pedro Hernandez made the startling admission. He worked at a neighborhood convenience store when Etan vanished on his way to school May 25, 1979.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, etan patz, pedro hernandez, new jersey news
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Gridlock traffic for Memorial Day weekend getaway
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- 17-year-old brutally beaten with bat at gas station
- Police shoot and kill suspect in Ridgefield, Conn.
- Amanda Bynes released after court appearance
- Bridge collapse calls into question other bridges' safety
- Eats: Camarones Mi Pueblo at Zapata in Palisades
- abcnews: Cleveland Women Can Keep Captor's Dogs
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse