New Jersey News
Elderly man killed by New Jersey Transit bus
NEWARK -- An elderly Newark man has been struck and killed by a New Jersey Transit bus.
Acting Essex County Prosecutor Carolyn Murray says 72-year-old Raul E. Medina was struck around 9 a.m. Tuesday while walking near Clinton Avenue and Astor Street in Newark. He was pronounced dead at the scene a short time later.
Murray says it's not clear if the bus driver knew he had struck someone. The bus continued on after the accident, but it was eventually stopped.
No charges have been filed so far, but the investigation is ongoing.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, newark, new jersey transit, pedestrian struck, new jersey news
- Yonkers family jumps from window to escape fire 14 min ago
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: 4 injured in Yonkers fire
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Spring Valley police to announce arrest in Baby Angel case
- Black ice warnings as bitter cold sets in 32 min ago
- Local 7 line service resumes after signal problems
- Tourist who lost leg in taxi crash sues city
- Infant brought to NYC hospital by parents pronounced dead
- Suspect sought for stealing puppy from LI pet store
- World leaders bow, pray at Nelson Mandela's casket
- Black ice warnings as bitter cold sets in
32 min ago