New Jersey News
Burglary spree suspects arrested after lengthy chase
WAYNE (WABC) -- Two suspects wanted in a string of burglaries were arrested by Wayne police Wednesday following a lengthy police chase and foot pursuit.
The suspects were first spotted by police on Fairfield Road just before 9:30 p.m.
Police chased the suspects, first in a white SUV and then on foot. At one point, the SUV struck a police patrol car, and the suspects ran on foot into the woods.
Two suspects were arrested following a manhunt that lasted several hours. A third remains at large.
The suspects are believed to be behind a string of at least 20 burglaries of homes in Wayne and the surrounding area since April 25.
Other towns reporting similar break-ins included Englewood, Leone, Paramus, Englewood Cliffs, Lodi, Little Falls and Wanaque.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, wayne, burglary, new jersey news
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash 58 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody 2 min ago
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Man retrieving item from tracks hit by subway train
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Animal activists protest outside Liam Neeson's home
- Another delayed GM recall detailed by new documents
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
58 min ago