New Jersey News
Police ID another suspect in Jersey City van shooting
JERSEY CITY -- Authorities are seeking another suspect in a shooting that left a bullet in a church van carrying 16 boys and girls home from choir practice in Jersey City.
Authorities say they'll charge Bahiem "Buddha" Shuler with aggravated assault once they capture the 27-year-old.
Officials charged 20-year-old Darion Pinkney soon after the May 22 shooting near Mount Pisgah AME Church.
When gunfire broke out, a bullet struck the church van's windshield directly in front of the driver's face. However, the glass just shattered.
The children in the van, who ranged in ages from 7 to 18, were rushed back inside the church and were not injured.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, jersey city, shooting, new jersey news
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers
- Freight train, truck collide in West Nyack
- Surveillance video released in "Baby Angel" case
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- Photos: Long Island Rail Road massacre
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Robinson Cano to sign with Mariners
- Photos: Robinson Cano through the years
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos