New Jersey News
Police ID another suspect in Jersey City van shooting
JERSEY CITY -- Authorities are seeking another suspect in a shooting that left a bullet in a church van carrying 16 boys and girls home from choir practice in Jersey City.
Authorities say they'll charge Bahiem "Buddha" Shuler with aggravated assault once they capture the 27-year-old.
Officials charged 20-year-old Darion Pinkney soon after the May 22 shooting near Mount Pisgah AME Church.
When gunfire broke out, a bullet struck the church van's windshield directly in front of the driver's face. However, the glass just shattered.
The children in the van, who ranged in ages from 7 to 18, were rushed back inside the church and were not injured.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, jersey city, shooting, new jersey news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97