New Jersey News
New video released in West Orange liquor store robbery
WEST ORANGE (WABC) -- In a video from April of 2011 inside Chestnut Liquors in West Orange, 28-year-old Jimmy Wilson is confronted by two masked men around closing time. One of the two men has a gun. Jimmy then goes behind the register and argues with the men for about 45 seconds.
All of a sudden, one of them points his gun and fires three times.
"Very difficult, I'm not gonna watch the whole thing," said Debbra Wilson.
And who could blame her? Debbra Wilson is Jimmy's mother. It's been just over a year since her youngest was murdered and still no arrest. That's why investigators have released a video - so the public could help find the two masked men.
"They should be treated as armed and dangerous. As the video shows, one of the men fires directly at the victim," said Chief Assistant Prosecutor Thomas Fennelly.
People who knew Wilson said he would give you his last dime if you needed it. Unfortunately, he didn't give two heartless thugs the hundreds in the register, and it cost him his life.
"I heard a bunch of guy saying come on let's go - then a pop, " said Lois Kohut-Collinson, an eyewitness.
Kohut-Collinson was across the street when Wilson was shot and killed.
There is a void left in Debbra Wilson's heart that nothing else can fill. However justice might help her get some closure. "This is hell. This is torture. I don't have any closure. I can never get my son back but at least I can get justice for him, and that's all I want," said Debbra.
Anyone who has any information on the two masked men is urged to call the Essex County Prosecutor's tip line at 1-877-847-7432
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, west orange, robbery, new jersey news, phil lipof
- Over 75 injured in London theatre roof collapse 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Secret Sales: Last minute holiday gifts
- Bus accident on Route 3 in Clifton
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon?
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- 4 juveniles charges in possible knockout attacks
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos