New Jersey News
Repairs complete, Route 3 reopens after water main break
EAST RUTHERFORD (WABC) -- Route 3 in New Jersey has reopened after a water main break forced it to close for nearly 24 hours.
Crews worked through the night to replace the ruptured pipe and repair the undermined roadway in East Rutherford.
The main broke early Monday morning near MetLife Stadium, forcing authorities to close Route 3's eastbound lanes.
All traffic was being diverted to the Route 3 service road, the New Jersey Turnpike and Route 120.
The roadway, a major access to the Lincoln Tunnel, was shut down throughout much of the day.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, east rutherford, water main break, new jersey news
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives 16 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Elderly pedestrian hit by two cars in Harlem 2 min ago
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- Video: Two US astronauts set to spacewalk to fix ISS
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
16 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos