New Jersey News
Repairs complete, Route 3 reopens after water main break
EAST RUTHERFORD (WABC) -- Route 3 in New Jersey has reopened after a water main break forced it to close for nearly 24 hours.
Crews worked through the night to replace the ruptured pipe and repair the undermined roadway in East Rutherford.
The main broke early Monday morning near MetLife Stadium, forcing authorities to close Route 3's eastbound lanes.
All traffic was being diverted to the Route 3 service road, the New Jersey Turnpike and Route 120.
The roadway, a major access to the Lincoln Tunnel, was shut down throughout much of the day.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, east rutherford, water main break, new jersey news
- Weather puts damper on start of holiday weekend 22 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Thousands run final mile of Boston Marathon
- Sandy-damaged New York Aquarium reopens this weekend
- 2 killed, 1 missing in upstate New York plane crash
- Investigation after police shoot suspect in Conn.
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Christie and Snooki face off at Jersey shore 17 min ago
- abcnews: Cruise Passenger Bill of Rights Introduced
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: Boston Marathon Last Mile