New Jersey News
Tractor-trailer hauling trash overturns on Turnpike
CARTERET (WABC) -- A tractor-trailer hauling trash overturned on the New Jersey Turnpike Monday morning, spilling debris all over the roadway.
The accident happened around 5 a.m. in the southbound truck lanes near interchange 12 in Carteret.
The tractor-trailer was originally traveling in the outer roadway and flipped over the guardrail, landing in the car lanes.
So much garbage was on the roadway that crews were using a snow plow to push it out of the way.
The driver suffered minor injuries, and another damaged car had to be towed from the scene.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, new jersey turnpike, accident, new jersey news
- Gunman dead in shooting at Colorado high school 25 min ago
- AccuWeather: Winter storm Saturday 25 min ago
- 7 On Your Side gets back $1-million dollars in 2013
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- New York City issues snow alert
- Man in custody after incident at Chelsea school 2 min ago
- Baruch College student died from head injuries, coroner says
- Mom of Newtown victim recalls that painful day 7 min ago
- Police searching for missing Rider U student
- Newtown victims to be remembered Saturday
- Photos: Photos of the Newtown school shooting victims
- Kansas man arrested in car bomb plot at airport
- 2,500 Fordham University applicants misled by email
- Mega Millions rises to $425M for Friday drawing
- AccuWeather: Winter storm Saturday
25 min ago