New Jersey News
3-alarm fire burns through multiple family home in Kearny
KEARNY (WABC) -- A three-alarm fire burned through a 3-story, multiple family home on 304 Beech Street in Kearny.
The fire started at 2:31 p.m. in the basement. It then spread up the walls to the 3rd floor and caused a significant amount of damage to the building.
At one point firefighters were pulled from the building because it appeared as if it was going to collapse. Mutual aid responded from Harrison, East Newark, North Arlington and Jersey City.
The fire was put under control at 5:30pm.
A resident of the home was hospitalized with burns, and one firefighter is being treated for a shoulder injury.
Three families have been displaced as a result of the fire.
The cause is under investigation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, kearny, fire, new jersey news
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Guinness drops sponsorship of St. Patrick's Parade
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mahopac HS basketball coach resigns after racism allegations
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Florida overall No. 1 seed for NCAA tournament
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after systems shutdown
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios in Chicago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos