New Jersey News
3-alarm fire burns through multiple family home in Kearny
KEARNY (WABC) -- A three-alarm fire burned through a 3-story, multiple family home on 304 Beech Street in Kearny.
The fire started at 2:31 p.m. in the basement. It then spread up the walls to the 3rd floor and caused a significant amount of damage to the building.
At one point firefighters were pulled from the building because it appeared as if it was going to collapse. Mutual aid responded from Harrison, East Newark, North Arlington and Jersey City.
The fire was put under control at 5:30pm.
A resident of the home was hospitalized with burns, and one firefighter is being treated for a shoulder injury.
Three families have been displaced as a result of the fire.
The cause is under investigation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, kearny, fire, new jersey news
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting 25 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls 10 min ago
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying 19 min ago
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run 49 min ago
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster 40 min ago
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry...
40 min ago