New Jersey News
Clifton officer arrested after standoff in Pennsylvania
DOYLESTOWN, Pa. -- Authorities say a New Jersey police officer accused of opening fire with a high-powered rifle after a standoff at his estranged wife's Philadelphia-area home had called police himself to report a dispute.
Police say 42-year-old Clifton Township officer Richard Klementovich faces 14 attempted homicide counts after Sunday's 10-hour standoff in Doylestown.
Police say Klementovich called them. Acting chief Dean Logan says an envelope was found in the driveway addressed to police that said Klementovich was an officer and had 2,000 rounds of ammunition. Officers were soon under fire, and one suffered minor injuries.
Klementovich surrendered with help from Clifton Township police. The department says he's a 14-year veteran who also served in the Gulf War.
Court records say he has been unable to post bail; no defense attorney is listed.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, clifton, shooting, new jersey news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard 30 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower 15 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania 29 min ago
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard 23 min ago
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239...
30 min ago
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in...
29 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
15 min ago
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
23 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos