New Jersey News
Police: Missing Drexel student found dead
PHILADELPHIA -- Police in Philadelphia say the body of a missing Drexel University student has been found in the Schuylkill River.
Relatives said 18-year-old freshman Stevens Glemaud of West Orange, New Jersey had been missing for more than two days.
They say he disappeared from campus just hours before they came to help him move back home for the summer.
Drexel officials say Glemaud was last seen leaving his west Philadelphia dorm early Saturday. Police said there were no signs of foul play.
A police spokeswoman said Monday night that a body recovered from the river that afternoon near the Philadelphia Museum of Art had been identified as that of Glemaud. She said the death is being treated as a drowning.
Drexel is a private university in Philadelphia serving about 23,500 students.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, new jersey news
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies 32 min ago
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial 43 min ago
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees tied up, Car parts stolen in Elizabeth
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
- Ferry captain arrested in South Korea after deadly accident
- Party shooting leaves Kean U. student injured
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire 10 min ago