New Jersey News
Police: Missing Drexel student found dead
PHILADELPHIA -- Police in Philadelphia say the body of a missing Drexel University student has been found in the Schuylkill River.
Relatives said 18-year-old freshman Stevens Glemaud of West Orange, New Jersey had been missing for more than two days.
They say he disappeared from campus just hours before they came to help him move back home for the summer.
Drexel officials say Glemaud was last seen leaving his west Philadelphia dorm early Saturday. Police said there were no signs of foul play.
A police spokeswoman said Monday night that a body recovered from the river that afternoon near the Philadelphia Museum of Art had been identified as that of Glemaud. She said the death is being treated as a drowning.
Drexel is a private university in Philadelphia serving about 23,500 students.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, new jersey news
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport
- AccuWeather: Warm and mild
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Connecticut, NTSB officials to tour train crash site
- 2 win Mega Millions, Powerball jumps to $600 million
- Cops investigating after Hofstra student killed
- Ramarley Graham's parents to join rally in Harlem 59 min ago
- 5 people injured, struck by vehicles in the Bronx
- EXCLUSIVE: Hot oil attack speaks out after hospital release
- Bieber will have to pay for German monkey business
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide, at least 60...
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos