New Jersey News
Newark nightclub shooting caught on video
NEWARK (WABC) -- Police have released dramatic video of chaos erupting inside a crowded nightclub in Newark following a shooting that was captured on several cell phone cameras.
The incident happened happened in May in the Paladium Club.
A popular reggae artist was performing when a gunman opened fire, killing a fan and injuring a guard.
Amid the chaos, the shooter escaped.
"There were multiple people holding up their cell phones, recording the event," Essex County Prosecutor's Office Detective Carlo Olmo said. "And we believe that some of the images or the video obtained on the phones may help us in our investigation."
Police are hoping that video will help catch the suspect.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, newark, shooting, murder, new jersey news
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Hicksville car crash kills 81-year old woman 22 min ago
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
2 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos