New Jersey News
Newark nightclub shooting caught on video
NEWARK (WABC) -- Police have released dramatic video of chaos erupting inside a crowded nightclub in Newark following a shooting that was captured on several cell phone cameras.
The incident happened happened in May in the Paladium Club.
A popular reggae artist was performing when a gunman opened fire, killing a fan and injuring a guard.
Amid the chaos, the shooter escaped.
"There were multiple people holding up their cell phones, recording the event," Essex County Prosecutor's Office Detective Carlo Olmo said. "And we believe that some of the images or the video obtained on the phones may help us in our investigation."
Police are hoping that video will help catch the suspect.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, newark, shooting, murder, new jersey news
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea
- Robbery suspect in custody after Astoria manhunt
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Video released in murder of Brooklyn bodega clerk 8 min ago
- Magnitude-7.5 earthquake shakes Mexican capital 3 min ago
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Police identify suspect in Bronx subway exposure
- Alleged serial bank robber nabbed in Greenwich Village
- Woman charged Thursday with neglect after living in a van with...