New Jersey News
Passaic high school coach charged with sex assault
PASSAIC (WABC) -- A New Jersey high school coach is changed with sexually assaulting a student in 2006.
Prosecutors say 38-year-old King Jamol Perry II, a special education teacher and cross country/track coach, assaulted the now 22-year-old woman while he was an assistant coach of the school's track team and she was a promising sprinter.
Perry surrendered to Special Victims Unit detectives at the Passaic County Prosecutor's Office in Totowa, New Jersey.
He is charged with sexual assault, endangering the welfare of a child and official misconduct.
He faces a maximum sentence of ten years in New Jersey State Prison.
Perry was released Thursday afternoon on $100,000 bail.
Anyone with information about this investigation can contact Chief Assistant Prosecutor Joseph A. Del Russo of the Passaic County Prosecutor's Special Victims Unit at 973-837-7626.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, passaic, teacher arrested, new jersey news
- Mike Woodson out as head coach of Knicks
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Retired NYPD officer charged in wife's murder
- Brooklyn man dies in skydiving accident in New Jersey
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Boston Marathon goes off under tight security 33 min ago
- Teen survives flight riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Coney Island double stabbing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Lindsay Lohan admits miscarriage on her reality show
- Photos: Lindsay Lohan in pictures
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos