New Jersey News
Passaic high school coach charged with sex assault
PASSAIC (WABC) -- A New Jersey high school coach is changed with sexually assaulting a student in 2006.
Prosecutors say 38-year-old King Jamol Perry II, a special education teacher and cross country/track coach, assaulted the now 22-year-old woman while he was an assistant coach of the school's track team and she was a promising sprinter.
Perry surrendered to Special Victims Unit detectives at the Passaic County Prosecutor's Office in Totowa, New Jersey.
He is charged with sexual assault, endangering the welfare of a child and official misconduct.
He faces a maximum sentence of ten years in New Jersey State Prison.
Perry was released Thursday afternoon on $100,000 bail.
Anyone with information about this investigation can contact Chief Assistant Prosecutor Joseph A. Del Russo of the Passaic County Prosecutor's Special Victims Unit at 973-837-7626.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, passaic, teacher arrested, new jersey news
- Winter Weather Advisory
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
- New Jersey preparing for another dose of snow
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- Man shot to death in Valley Stream
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide