New Jersey News
Police: Bodies in Paterson home were man, his ailing mom
PATERSON, N.J. -- Authorities say a man who had been a long-time caregiver to his ailing mother committed suicide in their northern New Jersey home this week, several days after she died at the residence.
Paterson Police Detective Lt. Richard Reyes tells The Record (http://bit.ly/OaFidA) that the bodies of 59-year-old Michael DeLuccia and 81-year-old Jean DeLuccia - who had Alzheimer's Disease and apparently died Sunday or Monday of natural causes - were discovered Thursday morning.
Their bodies were found by a friend who normally had coffee with Michael DeLuccia each morning and became concerned when he didn't show up Thursday.
Reyes said DeLuccia never told anyone that his mother had died.
Neighbors say he was a highly dedicated son who had quit his job to take care of his mother full time.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, paterson, alzheimers disease, suicide, body found, new jersey news
- Anthony Weiner launches bid to become NYC mayor 50 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Survivors search nearly done after Oklahoma tornado
- Arrest made in East Village bias attack 34 min ago
- Firebomb may have been used on police captain's home 18 min ago
- Accident involving fire truck at accident-prone corner
- Connecticut rail service to return to normal Wednesday
- Rangers lose 2-1 to Bruins, now 0-3 in series
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Anthony Weiner launches NYC mayoral bid
50 min ago
- Firebomb may have been used on police...
16 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos