New Jersey News
Police: Bodies in Paterson home were man, his ailing mom
PATERSON, N.J. -- Authorities say a man who had been a long-time caregiver to his ailing mother committed suicide in their northern New Jersey home this week, several days after she died at the residence.
Paterson Police Detective Lt. Richard Reyes tells The Record (http://bit.ly/OaFidA) that the bodies of 59-year-old Michael DeLuccia and 81-year-old Jean DeLuccia - who had Alzheimer's Disease and apparently died Sunday or Monday of natural causes - were discovered Thursday morning.
Their bodies were found by a friend who normally had coffee with Michael DeLuccia each morning and became concerned when he didn't show up Thursday.
Reyes said DeLuccia never told anyone that his mother had died.
Neighbors say he was a highly dedicated son who had quit his job to take care of his mother full time.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, paterson, alzheimers disease, suicide, body found, new jersey news
- Queens third grader fatally struck by truck 18 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Woman dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire 11 min ago
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Mink coat thieves caught on camera at NYC boutique
- LI nativity theft being investagated as hate crime
- Target data breach leaves customers angry, frustrated
- Friday marks Walcott's last day while schools in session
- India demands apology for diplomat arrest in Manhattan 6 min ago
- Baruch frat involved in hazing death gets lifetime ban 1 min ago
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300 56 min ago