New Jersey News
Police: Bodies in Paterson home were man, his ailing mom
PATERSON, N.J. -- Authorities say a man who had been a long-time caregiver to his ailing mother committed suicide in their northern New Jersey home this week, several days after she died at the residence.
Paterson Police Detective Lt. Richard Reyes tells The Record (http://bit.ly/OaFidA) that the bodies of 59-year-old Michael DeLuccia and 81-year-old Jean DeLuccia - who had Alzheimer's Disease and apparently died Sunday or Monday of natural causes - were discovered Thursday morning.
Their bodies were found by a friend who normally had coffee with Michael DeLuccia each morning and became concerned when he didn't show up Thursday.
Reyes said DeLuccia never told anyone that his mother had died.
Neighbors say he was a highly dedicated son who had quit his job to take care of his mother full time.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, paterson, alzheimers disease, suicide, body found, new jersey news
- 4 more bodies pulled from rubble in East Harlem 20 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder days ahead 49 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims 19 min ago
- Water main eyed in East Harlem gas explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Roof blows off Mount Olive Bed, Bath & Beyond
- High winds damage power lines, Bed, Bath & Beyond store
- Man found alive in body bag dies weeks later 50 min ago
- Haverstraw condo complex evacuated due to gas leak
- Major delays on NJ Transit after Newark tanker explosion
- Photos: Newark tanker fire
- Surveillance in Upper Manhattan attempted rape
- AccuWeather: Milder days ahead
49 min ago